TxAPBR > About Us > History
The Texas Association of Professional Bee Removers is a 501(c)6 trade organization dedicated to serve the interests of those of us who perform live bee removals in Texas. We began discussions to form this organization in the summer of 2019 in response to proposed legislation that would have been detrimental to those in our industry as well as the public in general. As a result, over the next couple of years, many discussions were held throughout various locations across the state, gathering as much input as possible from professional bee removers within the state. In the summer of 2020, a Constitution & By-Laws was adopted by those who had been involved in the formation process. On January 1, 2021, a Board of Directors was elected to formalize the beginning of the organization.
The goals of our organization are to:
- Promote the removal of Live Bee Removal industry to the public
- Provide our members with professional benefits as they become available
- Be a resource to the general public seeking live bee removals
- Provide continuing education to both the public as well as our members to help perpetuate the professional bee removal industry into the future
- Represent the best interests of the members who perform professional bee removals to the general public, as well as lawmakers.